Happy Friday!! Last week you’ll know I shared 5 things I’m quitting up in 2017. Well I’m not just trying to give things up this year – I’m also taking up a few new things. It’s all about balance right? So this week I thought I’d share them too.
I’m gonna try to keep this post short, sweet and to the point because this week has been mental and I’m not sure my brain can take anymore thinking (I’m not even exaggerating here), but it’s Friday and it’s a long weekend so it’s all good…
1. Taking the Stairs – Because sometimes (or everyday) you’d have walked the stairs by the time the lift comes. It also helps get us to 10k steps a day.
2. Treating Myself – Because if I don’t do it who the hell will? Y-O-L-O and all that jazz…
3. Reading More – I LOVE reading. I think it’s the best way to expand your mind, get motivated (if it’s a self-help book) or just to get lost and take your mind off things. When I lived in Queens I used to read so much on the subway, now that I live in Manhattan I don’t read half enough. So his year I’m gonna change that and read at least 1 book a month. I know it’s not a lot but my time the subway isn’t as long as it used to be, so if I do this I’ll be happy.
4. Getting Up Earlier – Since I came back from Ireland I’ve been getting up so much earlier (thank you jet lag) and I love it. I feel like I have so much time before I got to work. So for 2017 my aim is to go to bed earlier (before 12am) and get up that bit earlier everyday.
5. De-Cluttering – On a regular basis. Cluttered space, cluttered mind and all that. Right now I have way too much stuff and I do not have the space for it. So for 2017 I need to de-clutterer at least once a month. I have a feeling it’ll change my life – this may be an exaggeration, or not! Time will tell.
Have a great weekend,