If you follow me on Instagram (@lcscloset), Snapchat (username – lcscloset) or any of my social pages, you might just have noticed I was in Miami over the weekend with the girls (I mentioned it in my Snapchat post too). Erika, Louise and I had been talking about booking a trip for the longest time (since January!) and we finally bit the bullet and booked it at the start of April. I am so happy we did because it was the best weekend. Lanlih decided to come join in the fun too and complete our quartet.
Living in New York is amazing, but also CRAZY! Everything happens so fast here and it’s so easy to get caught up in this little NYC bubble. So it was great to get away for a few days and completely unwind. Don’t get me wrong, I love New York and wouldn’t change one thing about it (well maybe I’d change the funky smells), but sometimes you need to get away to really appreciate it.
Miami was perfect for doing just that. It’s only a 2 and half – 3 hour flight from New York, so it’s the perfect distance for a quick getaway. We left on Friday evening after work, which was perfect because we didn’t have to take any (of our very limited) holiday days off. Our flight back was Sunday evening, so we had two full days to soak in all that Miami has to offer. An extra day would have been lovely, but 2 days was a good amount of time to chill out and we actually packed in quite a bit. Starting from the second we hopped off the plane…
As soon as we landed on Friday, we got ready (in record time) and hit the club Story. DJ Chuckie was playing and it was unbelievable. Definitely the best club I have ever been in. I had lots of updates on my Snapchat (username – lcscloset) so if you follow me on Snapchat you will know exactly what I’m talking about!!
We spent most of Saturday wandering around and lounging on the beach. My boss had told me the beach was like a bath tub (because the water is so warm) and that’s exactly how I’d describe it. There is no transition from hot to cold. It’s perfect and the water is the most amazing colour! On Saturday night we had drinks at The Thompson and The Edition, two amazing Miami hotels that are now on my bucket list. For this trip drinks are all we could afford!
Sunday called for brunch (of course) at News Cafe on Ocean Drive and a relaxing day on the beach. Then it was time to come back to New York. It was honestly such a fun weekend and I didn’t want to leave, but the fact that I was coming back to New York made it easier. Flying over Manhattan and seeing the most perfect views of the city, topped off a great weekend. Unfortunately my phone was dead so I didn’t get any snaps, but I guess that just means I’ll have to take another trip real soon. 😉
I did manage to shoot some looks while I was in Miami too, so keep an eye out for them over the next few days. Until then, take a look at some of my Miami favourites below…
1. The palm trees – Everywhere! They automatically make everything look better!
2. Big Pink – We went here for some (very!) late night food on Friday night. The nachos are literally a mountain!
3. Story – I loved this place and would definitely go back! Miami is all about the clubs so make sure you check them out if you pay a visit.
4. The Edition – Someday I will stay in this place. The decor is beyond fab and club downstairs has it a bowling alley and an ice rink.
5. South Beach – Such an amazing beach and you have absolutely no idea what you’re gonna see here (so funny!).
6. The Art Deco District – We stayed in the Art Deco district of the city and I loved how cute and retro the whole area was. It’s fab how all of the businesses (from Burger King to Banana Republic) have to stay true to the feel of the area. You’ll also see some pretty amazing 1950’s vintage cars. I really loved it!!!
7. The lifeguard stations – There are so many of these along the beach and everyone is completely different.
8. The sunsets – Incredible!
Have a great week,