Happy Friday – The last one in January! I know January is one of those months people tend to dread, but I think it always flies by. As I said in Monday’s post (about January in New York), it’s usually a crazy busy one for me, so thankfully it doesn’t seem to drag on too long.
Anyway, it’s Friday and that of course means it’s Friday Five time. This week I thought I’d try out something a little different. I read A LOT of online articles every week. Some of them I love and they really get into my head, some are good and some are – meh. The one’s that really stick with me are usually stand out (sometimes they can be just for fun too!), and this week I thought I’d share 5 posts I loved over the past few days. So here they are…
1. Anyone can master a new subject in 3 easy steps – This makes total sense and I think the reason I love this so much is because I always say – “If someone can’t describe a topic simply, they don’t understand what they are talking about.” This is something that was drilled into me in my PhD days and it’s so so true.
2. Why Trump’s age, obesity and diet matter. I’m not one to bring politics to my blog or social channels, but I found this article in the Irish Times SO interesting. The impact of Trump’s policies on America and the world are obviously front and centre in the news, but when you compare his lifestyle and overall message to that of The Obama’s, it’s kinda scary to think of how he may impact people’s attitude towards their health too. A little deep for a Friday maybe, but an eye opener for sure.
3. Why I don’t compare myself to other bloggers. Erika wrote this on Wednesday and I couldn’t agree more. One of my favourite quotes is – “Don’t compare your inside to someone else’s outside” – because you never know what’s going on behind the scenes! It’s so so true! I totally agree with everything in this post and while I think the whole concept of buying followers (the topic of this post) is a lot more prominent in New York (it’s actually laughable), it does happen in Ireland and the UK too…
4. Making small changes for big results. I did not write this post to plug my friends but I absolutely loved Niamh’s latest post. All of those eating well and drinking/hydration tips. I need more please.
5. Finally, just for fun! Here’s a good list of weird holidays to celebrate on social media. I don’t know why, but I love seeing all the crazy things people can name a day after… Plus, I’ll take any excuse for a treat.
Happy reading and have a great weekend,
P.S A bonus link. My Wednesday was made a whole lot better this week when I found out I was featured on the Dorothy Perkins blog and in some amazing company too.
Instagram / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Snapchat – lcscloset