Top – Boohoo
Happy Friday!! It’s been a few weeks but it’s time for another Friday Five! YAY! I always struggle with keeping things consistent here on the blog in summer because who wants to stay inside when it’s fab out?? Well we’re well and truly into the depths of summer here in New York and although it’s the definition of a sweat pit during these few months, it’s also one of my favourite times of year here!! So for today’s post, I thought I’d share 5 quick reasons for why I love it…
1. Longer Days – Not as long as summer days at home in Ireland but I’ll take what I can get!
2. The Beach – There’s no doubt about it, I’m a summer baby!!! I’ve yet to make the trip to a NY beach this summer but it’s gonna happen. There are so many beaches only a train, subway or boat ride away, and it’s the best escape on super hot (weekend) days.
3. Eating outside – There is honestly nothing better than sitting outside eating dinner with a glass of vino in hand. Bliss!
4. Park Picnics – The most relaxing way to spend a weekend. Highly recommend (when it’s not too hot!).
5. Not having to ruin my look with a coat/jacket… It’s the little things sometimes.
Really I just love summer because there is so much to do on any given day of the week. It can be free yoga in the park, outdoor movie nights or even just sitting on your friends rooftop eating dinner… It’s THE BEST!!
Have a great weekend,