Happy Friday!! I’m really not one to wish my weeks away but I am gonna admit, I am super happy to see the weekend roll around this week. After everything that happened in the world over the last few days though, it is not the time or place to complain about having a busy week.
This week really got me thinking actually, and put a lot of things into perspective for me…! I have definitely been a little overly negative lately and no matter how hard I tried to shake it, I just couldn’t get out of the funk. Then weeks like this week come along and make me realise just how good I have it!!
What it is that makes us have this disposition to dwell on the negative and never take a step back to acknowledge all the good stuff? Isn’t it way too easy? Anyway, I guess the whole point of this post is to say that at the end of it all, amazing things still happened this week but I just needed to take a time out to see them. Then that got me thinking (I’ve been doing a lot of thinking this week) it’s been a long time since I did my 5 small things that made me happy this week, and isn’t it the perfect way to appreciate the little things? So for this weeks Friday Five, you guessed it.. here are 5 small things that made me happy this week:
- My sister Leanne came to visit me last weekend and we had the best time. I love having visitors and now my fridge is fully stocked with Cadbury’s.
- It’s Memorial Weekend in the US so I have a much needed 3 day weekend.
- I attend the best event on Wednesday night with The Skin Forum. It was slumber party themed with facials, manis and pedis. It was the perfect mid-week treat and it was even better because Aoife was there too.
- I just booked my flights for my next trip…. Eeeeks!! Standby to see where I’m going!
- I was recently named on a list of the top NYC Bloggers. I actually made the list last year too, so it’s 2 years in a row – whoop whoop!
Have a great weekend,